World Theological Society is an Institution which issues certification of world religion. For transforming any sect into world religion, they require following three criteria:-
- There should be good number of followers (in lakhs) of a particular sect.
- It should have Religious Holy Book like Bible, Kuran, Guru Grant Sahib, etc.
- It should contain religious governing system/structure.
All these qualities are readily available in our Barmati Panth, which are enumerated as under:-
- Firstly we have universal population of more than 4 lakhs believers of Barmati Panth.
- Secondly, our Genan (shastra) can be easily compiled into a Holy Book as like Tripitak (Buddhishm), Guru Granth Sahib (Sikkhism), etc.
- Thirdly, our Barmati Panth already has religious structure of ‘Barmati Panth’ being highest revered position. In other words, our religion is Panth centric and not person centric. Religious Pooja of Barai can be performed by any Auva (Harmaisar) irrespective of caste and creed. Thus, our complete faith rests on performing Barmati Panth Pooja and not priest. As regards religious governance, our Panth also possess mandatory provision of Religious Head post of ‘Pir Auva’, who is the supreme commander of our Barmati Panth. Further, provision of 2nd Command i.e. ‘Adh Pir’ and 3rd Command i.e. ‘Paa Pir’ is also imbibed in our Panth.
All the above three qualities empowers us to claim our sect as World Religion. However, getting just World Religion certification alone will not serve any purpose. Religion should be on the solid foundation of generating huge monetary funds for its social, religious and charitable activities. This concept of generating huge funds for religion contains in donating 10th part of one’s income. Long ago, people of all major religions understood this tax concept and accorded their consent for donating tenth part of income as a compulsory contribution for governing the religious rule.
Almost every religion prescribes donating 10th part of income. Christianity calls it ‘Tithe’, Hinduism calls it ‘Dashamamsha’, Buddhism calls it ‘Dashans’, Judaism calls it ‘Ma’aher’, Islam calls it ‘Ushr or Zakat’. Sikkhism adopted this religious tax concept of keeping one-tenth of one’s income for spiritual purposes namely, ‘Dasvand’, which was initiated by their last revered Guru Gobind Singh (10th religious Guru of Sikkhism). Similarly, Barmati Panth also contains this fundamental religious fund collecting concept called ‘Dasond’. Interestingly, Ismaili Khojas calls this 10th part donation as ‘Dasond’ as well.
In Barmati Panth, visionary Lord Mamaidev has also prescribed this great provision of contributing 10th part income donation in ‘Adharmi Jivenji Vagat’, which is reproduced as under:-
“DHARAM TANI DASOND Na RAKHE, AAROGIYE ASOORO ANN,
ADHARAM ME RE UTAAMNA, MAMAI BHANE MAISRIYA- SE JIV GHARI GHARAK THIYANT”.
Shockingly, despite this great provision of generating huge funds in Barmati Panth, no such implementation of Dasond (10th part income donation) had been put into practice in real sense. Due to ignorance we are lacking behind in generating this tax for religious governance.
In this scenario, acquiring mere World Religion certification will not change living conditions of its followers. Prior to acquiring World Religion certification, we have to evolve a system where every Maheshwari must contribute atleast Rs.500/- per annum. For this, our AIMYF (Maheshwari Youth Federation) has one Agenda of forming “National Dasond Trust”, wherein “Pir Saheb” would be made as Ex-Officio Chairman of this trust and trustees comprising of various Samaj Presidents, reputed Auvas, Meghwars, Women, Nangsipotra, Maaraj, Government employees, etc. will be given place in this trust. Every two years there will be rotation of Trustees except Chairman (Pir Saheb). As soon as, we are able to implement this system of Dasond, which already have approval of great Mamaidev, we will work for acquiring World Religion Certification and by that time our Dasond Trust would have acquired crores of Rupees to the tune of more than Rs.10 crores annually (Rs.500 X 200000). Out of this total yearly contribution, 10% of its annual collection will be donated to ‘Pir Saheb’, ‘Adh Pir’ and ‘Paa Pir’ every year. Remaining 90% funds would be spent for developmental work of our society like constructing Schools, Colleges, Community Halls, interest free loans to needy persons, etc.
Imagine friends, this is the need of the hour, every religion is strongly implementing this income generating provision but we have still not implemented this concept only due to long ignorance. Now, time has ripe when Alakhdev is showing us way to transform our Barmati Panth into a World Religion, undoubtedly which possesses all the qualities of becoming one of the most powerful religions of the world, which indeed is on the threshold of becoming a world religion. I request all of you to please propagate this Dasond implementation message with your friends and relatives. This Dasond Trust will comprise people both from India and Pakistan.
Long live Barmati Panth, long live Maheshwari Youth Federation.
Jay Dhani Matang
Navin K. Bhoiya
(Your friend in Mission)